WGBC was dedicated 3rd February 1882. The church was planted by Charles Haddon Spurgeon. Before the church was built, services were held in a barn, which was part of farm land in the Green of Willesden.
WGBC a multigenerational, multicultural congregation is located at the heart of a busy culturally diverse community in Willesden High Road in North West London, in the Borough of Brent. Neighbouring churches being the Anglican, Catholic and New Testament denominations. WGBC reflects its surroundings by being of multicultural membership made up of mainly Caribbean, African, Caucasians -mixture of British and European nationals, Filipinos, Brazilians and worshippers of other nationalities. We are a people who seek to fulfil our Christian call as indicated by our stripe line ‘Building a people of Praise, Purpose and Power’.
We unashamedly affirm our inability to be who God wants us to be and what He wants us to do with the help of His Spirit living and working in us. As this is what being a Christian truly means we live daily not just for ourselves but for a greater purpose; living to love God and serve His people despite our limitations and challenges. ‘Building a people of Praise, Purpose and Power’ is our lifelong ambition.
Willesden Green Baptist Church is open again. Please note the guidelines set out below.
The church office is open from 10am to 3pm Monday to Friday
We warmly welcome you back to Sunday Worship Service – 1pm every Sunday
This Sunday (27 September) the bible reading is from Genesis 6: 5 – 22 and Hebrews 11: 7 and the theme is Noah’s faithful service. We look forward to seeing you there.
In line with the government guidelines around COVID 19 and places of worship the following has to be adhered to.
- Your temperature will be taken via a temperature gun.
- If your temperature is 37.8 degrees or above, you will not be allowed into the church.
- People of over 70 years of age & those with pre-existing conditions especially those who have been written to by the government are encouraged to stay at home.
- We are streaming the service online for those at home via Zoom and You Tube
- Entry only from doors by Willesden High Road.
- Exit only by the doors leading to NHS car park.
- Face masks must be worn before entry and at all times while within the premises.
- Hands must be sanitised on entry and when you leave.
- Maintain social distancing – 1 metre plus – at all times.
- Strictly maintain no physical body contact with anyone, except members of your household.
- Your details will be recorded on entry for the purpose of contact and tracing.
- Please sit in the row of chairs you are directed to whilst maintaining social distances.
- Members of the same household are advised to sit in the same row.
- Your time in church is for worship; please observe all protocols in all interactions.
- Sorry no children & young people sessions; all families are to remain together for now
- No singing, but we provide creative forms of worship & praise.
- Toilets are accessible, but please wipe thoroughly before & after use. Also please, wash & dry your hands thoroughly before leaving the toilet.
- Sorry, no catering services; so no tea/coffee after Sunday worship service. Please no access to the kitchen or the hall except for those who need drinking water.
- Please leave the church premises as soon as service ends to make it ready for Tamil church.
- Be considerate, vigilant and supportive of each other.
- No midweek activities – the church is only open for Sunday services.
The guidelines above will be updated as UK Government, Baptist Union of Great Britain (BUGB) and Church of England (through Father Colin) advise.
This indeed has been one of the most trying times for many of us especially at WGBC. However, we praise God the Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ who had kept us alive to tell the stories of our deliverance.
Therefore, I want to thank you specially on behalf of our leaders for your collective responses to our bereaved families. I also want to encourage and challenge us to be more compassionate, upholding and speaking the truth in love. Be careful with what we hear, say and the company we keep even on social media.
And “Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever Amen.” Hebrews 13 v20-21
The Pastor’s weekly sermons are being posted on You Tube. You can use the link below or go to You Tube on your device and type in the search area “Willesden Green Baptist Church” and the channel will pop up. Just click on the picture of the church. God bless you and keep you during this difficult time.
link to WGBC YouTube channel: Willesden Green Baptist Church
Who we are
Where To Find Us
You can contact us via Facebook, Instagram or using the contact form provided, you can also give us a call (020 8830 1099) – We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. Feel free to visit our WGBC.