The Church continued to support mission, outreach and training associated with these:
1) Liberia: supporting the late Alfred Kennedy in the work he started with his people back home, providing a make shift schools in the villages and helping with other mission work.
2) Baptist Mission: supporting the work of home missions undertaken by the Baptist Union.
3) Dr Sasa Health and Hope is a registered NGO in India, training local village health workers. The hope is to build new facilities across the Burma border to train more health workers in Chin State.
4) Mathew Oliver the operations director for More than Gold, supporting the churches response to the Olympics, in the UK and beyond.
5) Norman Brierley 2K Plus a Christian sports media ministry reporting on national and international major sporting events.
6) Disaster Relief gifts were made to aid efforts in East Africa via the Baptist Mission Society in response to the widespread drought across Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Djibouti, we also contributed to the Christian Aid Appeal for the Democratic Republic of Congo.
7) University Student Orientation Day: This is held every year to pray for students going to University.
8) Premier Radio making Christian values and beliefs accessible to non-church-goers.
9) Kehinde Ojo IFES International Fellowship of evangelical students mission to students in Caribbean, African & Eastern Europe Students reaching students with the gospel
10) Andrew Muwowo Field Director for London and East Anglia. Friends’ International students a Christian Charity that connects International students studying in the UK to Promote partnerships with local UK churches
11) NIFES. Nigerian Fellowship of Evangelical Students – help reach students with the gospel. TEAR Fund.
12) Tear Fund is supported by CAMEO activity where funds collected during CAMEO is sent to then every year.
- Compassion UK. Compassion UK led in the morning service at WGBC and shared the work this charity organisation does for children in Africa. There was also a drive for child sponsorship where quite a few of the church members took up the offer and are sponsoring children in Africa under this charity ministry.
- Helping Hands Concert: On 28th June, the Helping hands organised a concert where all different church’s and individuals participated in song and drama to testify of the love and goodness of God. It was well attended and the participants sang and acted beautifully.
- Church Bazaar: The church organised 2 bazaar days with one in the Summer 28th June and the other close to Christmas 29th November. The church members provided different items to be sold on the 2 days and many attended both church members and those in the community. It was a great success we praise God
- At Easter, we have Open Air outreach with other Church denominations in the community such as Anglicans, COE, Pentecostal.
- Volunteer development and support to enable especially young volunteers to gain skills and support which may enable them to progress into gainful paid employment.